Aminat Isah, Abuja
Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), has debunked the reports that train conveying passengers from Kaduna to Abuja was attacked by some suspected gunmen.
NRC Managing Director, Mr. Fidet Okhiria, noted that the news was false following the reports by some national dailies that the train was attacked by gunmen.
He added that police personnel on the train reported that only stones were thrown on the coach which broke the window glass.
“This news is not correct. What happened according to the Police escorts on the train is that a stone was thrown at the train by some boys, which affected only the window glass of coach SP4.
“Nigerians should not panic as the news of the suspected attack is false and NRC is doing everything possible to ensure safety of passengers,” Okhiria said.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that some national dailies had earlier reported that armed men suspected to be kidnappers on Thursday morning attacked an Abuja-bound train with guns and other weapons.
The report alleged that the train, which left the Rigasa train station in Kaduna, at around 10 a.m. was attacked a few kilometres to Katari, about 70 kilometres to Abuja.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes