The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Zone F, covering the six South Western states, says it has deployed more than 11,000 personnel to ensure security of lives and property during Christmas and New Year celebration, in the region.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Zonal Public Relations Officer, Kareem Olanrawaju, released in Abeokuta on Friday, a copy of which was made available to our correspondent.
Quoting the Zonal Commander, Popoola Bamidele, Olanrewaju said the deployment was meant to compliment that of other security agencies.
He said the Zonal commander during Zone ‘F’ and ‘A’ briefing on Friday directed the state commandants under the zones to ensure immediate compliance with the order.
Kareem said, “He has directed that each of the state commandants must ensure a hitch-free festival by deploying personnel to strategic places and areas that are prone to vandalism.”
Meanwhile, members of the public had been advised to call on 08084732053 or 08050726803 when they are in danger or notice any suspicious movement.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano