The Olofa of Offa, Oba Muftau Gbadamosi has called for more police personnel in Offa as effort to strengthen security in the town.
The Olofa made the appeal in his palace while hosting the Commissioner of Police (CP), Kwara State Command, Mr Aminu Saleh during his courtesy visit to the palace on Wednesday.
The CP was at the Olofa’s palace as part of his tour to Area Commander, Offa.
He said the police personnel in Offa was not enough to protect the ever increasing population in the town.
“Offa is expanding everyday with different people from every parts of the world coming in to settle down for business and as well education.
“We need more officers and men of the police to maintain peace. You can’t compare Offa of ten years ago to now. The population is growing faster.
“Post your men here, we will give them accommodation in comfortable apartments,” he appealed to the Commissioner.
The Olofa said the community has built 50 units of 2-bedroom flats in response to the Bank robbery incident of April 5.
He added that a Guard house, Quarter guard and Armory were under construction and expected to be completed as soon as possible.
“We hope to commence the building of Administrative block after Sallah celebration,” he said.
According to Olofa, all these facilities were for the Policemen posted to Offa.
Gbadamosi, however, urged the CP to use his office to invite the Inspector General of Police (IGP), for the commission of the projects after their completion.
The CP, in his response assured the monarch of proper security measures for Offa and neighboring towns.
Saleh described security as everybody’s business and should not be left for police alone, adding that the community should join hands with the Police to make lives and properties secured.
He advised the youths not to allow themselves to be used as thugs during the 2019 general elections in the state.
“You should refrain yourselves from any form of crime during the elections. Make positive impact and build your future, ” he added.
The CP urged the Olofa to set up a team that will sensitize the youths to stay away from violence.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory