The Olofa of Offa, Oba Muftau Gbadamosi has called for more police personnel in Offa as effort to strengthen security in the town.
The Olofa made the appeal in his palace while hosting the Commissioner of Police (CP), Kwara State Command, Mr Aminu Saleh during his courtesy visit to the palace on Wednesday.
The CP was at the Olofa’s palace as part of his tour to Area Commander, Offa.
He said the police personnel in Offa was not enough to protect the ever increasing population in the town.
“Offa is expanding everyday with different people from every parts of the world coming in to settle down for business and as well education.
“We need more officers and men of the police to maintain peace. You can’t compare Offa of ten years ago to now. The population is growing faster.
“Post your men here, we will give them accommodation in comfortable apartments,” he appealed to the Commissioner.
The Olofa said the community has built 50 units of 2-bedroom flats in response to the Bank robbery incident of April 5.
He added that a Guard house, Quarter guard and Armory were under construction and expected to be completed as soon as possible.
“We hope to commence the building of Administrative block after Sallah celebration,” he said.
According to Olofa, all these facilities were for the Policemen posted to Offa.
Gbadamosi, however, urged the CP to use his office to invite the Inspector General of Police (IGP), for the commission of the projects after their completion.
The CP, in his response assured the monarch of proper security measures for Offa and neighboring towns.
Saleh described security as everybody’s business and should not be left for police alone, adding that the community should join hands with the Police to make lives and properties secured.
He advised the youths not to allow themselves to be used as thugs during the 2019 general elections in the state.
“You should refrain yourselves from any form of crime during the elections. Make positive impact and build your future, ” he added.
The CP urged the Olofa to set up a team that will sensitize the youths to stay away from violence.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends