A Permanent Secretary in the Oyo State Ministry of Agriculture, Alhaji Rasaq Kolawole, have arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), Ibadan zonal office, for allegedly defrauding one Ibikunle Alonge of N4,400,000.
Kolawole was arraigned before Justice Aderonke Aderemi of the Oyo State High Court, Ibadan, on Wednesday, on one count of obtaining money under false pretenses.
The offence is said to be in contravention of Section 1 (2) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006, and punishable under Section 1 (3) of the same Act.
Alonge had in a petition to the EFCC, accused Kolawole of fraudulently collecting the said amount from him as part payment for a piece of land situated at the Alabata Olosoko area of Moniya, Ibadan.
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget