The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has asked the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, to stop the blame game and address issues bothering Nigerians.
The PDP said Oyegun’s attempt to exonerate the APC of blames over the embarrassing list of board members of federal parastatals which contained names of deceased persons, showed that the federal government was completely disorganized and ill-equipped to govern.
The PDP in a statement on Monday by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, said Chief Oyegun’s case is that of a leader who has no answer for the “incompetence and misrule” of his party.
The party said Oyegun’s reaction further exposed the confusion in the APC government and the reason all sectors of the nation’s economy were in shambles under the APC government.
“Chief Oyegun’s comments amount to a vote of no confidence on the
Presidency, but there is no way he can exonerate the APC, which he leads, from the failures of its own government.
“The APC Chairman must therefore shed his penchant for excuses and address burning issues of misrule of the APC government. We challenge the APC National Chairman to address the issue of collapsing economy with its attendant 8 million job losses and countless business closures which has caused hardship on families across the country, all due to bad policies and incompetence of the APC government.
Facebook Comments Box
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy