The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) whose birthday coincides with the nation’s Independence Day Anniversary has pledged continuous selfless service to the upliftment of the Country at all times.
General Magashi made the pledge in Abuja when his Military and Civilian aides co-led by the duo of the Principal General Staff Officer Brigadier General Mohammed Baba Habeeb Manu and the Special Adviser Technical Major General (rtd) Ahmed Tijani Jibrin converged on his residence to give him birthday surprises
The Defence Minister who had no premonition of the arrangement nor prepared for such birthday celebration returned from the Eagles Square after the National parade to meet a modestly decorated birthday cake in his living room and was disarmed with a well chorus rendition of happy birthday song.
The obviously surprised but impressed General was showered with gifts and encomiuns for his humility, simplicity and sincerity of purposeful leadership by the aides.
The short but colourful ceremony put the elated and relaxed Minister on the spot to bond, bend forth and backwards with all his personal staff like never before in obvious show of love and appreciation for the honour done him.
Exchange of banter laced with high sense of humour, humility and humane dispositions for which Magashi is well-known were freely on display..
All through photo session, an uncommon mutuality of interactions characteristic of father and beloved children made the day for the celebrant and the magashis.
In an emotion laden tone General Magashi re-stated his resolve to continue to sustain the momentum of legacies of selfless service to Nigeria and Nigerians.
To draw the curtain on the programme, the Minister appreciated all the aides by names in their numbers and lauded their initiatives as well as the myriad of the unexpected precious gifts presented to him.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Ekiti guber race: APC constitutes 61-member campaign council
- Ahmed Lawan, Orji Kalu visit Katsina ahead of APC presidential primaries
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi