The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has tasked the new Commandant, Armed Forces Command and Staff College, AFCSC, Jaji, Air Vice Marshal Olurotimi Anthony Tuwase, to maintain the enviable reputation of the college and raise the bar as a leading citadel for grooming Operational- level military Officers in the African Sub-region.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the minister hosted the new commandant on Friday in his office. He congratulated him on his well deserved appointment and charged him to build on the achievements of his predecessor in a bid to lifting up the college to higher pedestal.
Tuwase, according to a statement issued by the Minister’s Spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri, later went into a closed door session with the Minister.
The minister however set the tone for him to hit the ground running to deliver on the mandate for which the college was established in 1976 as a Joint Service Institution.
The new AFCSC commandant was commissioned into tbe military in 1989 as a Member of the 37 Regular Combatant Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy and had his Junior and Senior Officers Courses at AFCSC in 2000 and 2004 respectively.
He bagged Master of Science Degree (M.Sc) in Explosive Chemistry and Material Science and served the Nigerian Air Force in various capacities as engineering and Armament Officers at various times and has received many awards and medals.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus