The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has tasked the new Commandant, Armed Forces Command and Staff College, AFCSC, Jaji, Air Vice Marshal Olurotimi Anthony Tuwase, to maintain the enviable reputation of the college and raise the bar as a leading citadel for grooming Operational- level military Officers in the African Sub-region.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the minister hosted the new commandant on Friday in his office. He congratulated him on his well deserved appointment and charged him to build on the achievements of his predecessor in a bid to lifting up the college to higher pedestal.
Tuwase, according to a statement issued by the Minister’s Spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri, later went into a closed door session with the Minister.
The minister however set the tone for him to hit the ground running to deliver on the mandate for which the college was established in 1976 as a Joint Service Institution.
The new AFCSC commandant was commissioned into tbe military in 1989 as a Member of the 37 Regular Combatant Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy and had his Junior and Senior Officers Courses at AFCSC in 2000 and 2004 respectively.
He bagged Master of Science Degree (M.Sc) in Explosive Chemistry and Material Science and served the Nigerian Air Force in various capacities as engineering and Armament Officers at various times and has received many awards and medals.
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74
- Tinubu for nationwide address on Nigeria @ 63
- Nigeria At 63: We Are On Track For Economic Recovery, Says Obasa
- Nigeria Undoubtedly On Path To Greatness Despite Challenges –Lawan