A resident of Adamawa state, Evelyn Lazarus shared photos of herself and some residents in the bush on Chritsmas Eve when Boko Haram terrorists were attacking Gardika town in Gombi local government area of Adamawa state.
It was gathered that the insurgents invaded the town through the major road linking the area with Biu in Borno state.
Residents were forced to flee the town into the bush and mountainous areas as the invading terrorists looted food items and burnt houses amidst sporadic shooting.
Another resident who identified herself as Rebecca disclosed that the insurgents stormed the town when the people were making last minutes preparations for Christmas.
“They came into the town with about five vehicles and moments they started sporadic shootings forcing the villagers to flee in the ensuing confusion. We could see them from afar in our hideouts as they continue to loot, ravage houses, pharmaceutical stores even as domestic animals were not left out.” she stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA