The Kaduna state Police Command said it has on Thursday March 31, 2022 successful diffused an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in Rigasa, Igabi Local Government Area of the Kaduna metropolis.
A statement signed by the command spokesman ASP Mohammed Jalige explained that the IED was planted in the area by a person yet to be identified .
It however stated that the IED was sighted by residents of the area at about 07:50 hours, who promptly reported to the police.
“In swift response, the Command’s Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD) swung into action and successful diffused the IED, without any loss of lives or property”,it noted.
The acting Commissioner of Police DCP Maiyaki M. Baba thanks the residents of the area for their vigilance and prompt reporting of the incidence and assured that the command will always prioritize the safety of the public, ir stated.
The DCP advised the general public to always report suspicious movement or persons in the areas, assuring that such information would be treated in full confidentiality.
“Meanwhile, normalcy has been restored in the area and residents are going about their normal business”, it added.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS