Jigawa Police Command in Dutse, says its operatives are searching for a man, simply identified as Umaru, for allegedly stabbing to death a 45-year-old man over suspicion of dating his ex-wife.
The command’s spokesman, SP Abdu Jinjiri, confirmed the incident, which occurred on Monday, at Dakaiyawa in Kaugama Local Government Area (LGA), of the state, to newsmen on Wednesday.
Jinjiri said that the fleeing suspect, on Monday, attacked and killed the victim, whom he suspected of having an affair with his ex-wife, who recently divorced him.
“On Nov. 9, at about 3 p.m., the Police in Dakaiyawa village in Kaugama LGA, received a report that at about 2:30 p.m., one Sale Dange aged 45, was stabbed with a knife by one Umar, of unknown address.
“The fleeing suspect stabbed the victim because he saw him with his ex-wife, whom he divorced just three days ago,” Jinjiri said.
He explained that upon receipt of the information, the Police rushed to the scene and took the deceased to the hospital where he was confirmed dead.
The police spokesman added that the corpse had been deposited at the mortuary after a postmortem examination.
He said a manhunt had been launched to arrest the suspect, as investigation into the case continued.
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded