A policewoman identified simply as Ruth has been arrested for allegedly inflicting injuries on her 10-year-old niece, identified only as Miracle.
Ruth, who resided at the Dutse Alhaji area of the Federal Capital Territory, was said to have caught Miracle stealing a piece of meat from her pot of soup on the Christmas Eve.
A resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the policewoman tied the victim’s two hands and dipped them inside boiled water.
The resident added that neighbours, who heard her cries, alerted the police and Miracle was rushed to the Kubwa General Hospital.
The source said, “On the Christmas Eve, she caught the young girl stealing a piece of meat from her pot of soup which she prepared for Christmas.
“She was angry with her and tied the two hands of her niece with rope and put them inside hot water.
“Her neighbours heard her crying aloud and later she ran out. They were surprised at what they saw. The girl sustained serious injuries on the two hands, and one of the neighbours, who could not bear it, called the police.
“It was the police that rushed her to the General Hospital in Kubwa. The policewoman is still at the Dutse Alhaji division.”
The FCT police command spokesperson, DSP Josephine Adeh, confirmed the incident, adding that investigation was ongoing into it.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules