A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) and Talba of Ilorin, Professor Shuaib Oba Abdulraheem, has congratulated Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq on his landslide election victory as the Kwara State Governor-Elect at the last Saturday polls.
The party stalwart also commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for its unbiased and peaceful conduct of the electioneering exercise stressing that,”You have indeed made us build more confidence in the institution.”
In his congratulatory message issued on Wednesday, Prof Oba Abdulraheem urged the Governor-Elect swing into actions and the numerous problems of maladministration, poor infrastructure, youth restiveness among others persisting in the state.
He also advised him to always heed to the yearnings of the masses by embacking on desirable policies and projects capable of turning the lives of Kwarans around positively within the shortest period in the annal of his administration.
According to him, ”I congratulate Kwaran electorates who have worked hard to achieve the long awaited liberation for our dear state. You all conducted yourself peacefully during the voting process; you demonstrated enthusiastism to exercise your civic rights of electing the most suitable candidates among others.
“We were all witnesses to the electioneering processes which was very strenuous and keenly contested among political parties, I therefore commend the APC leadership in the state, elders, stakeholders, women and youths for the display of strong commitments to the struggle.”
“Despite the turbulent terrain and charged political atmosphere, we were able to conduct ourselves peaceful and earn the desired results of taking over governance of the state. This is indeed is a clear testimony tthat our nascent democracy is progressing.
”The economy of our state must also occupy your urgent attention. There is the need to be more creative in formulating policies that will improve the state’s economy, create employment opportunities and give hope to our teeming youths”, he added.
He therefore urged Kwarans to be supportive and committed to the fact that “It is a new dawn in Kwara and together we shall all towards her growth and development. “
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal