Britain’s leader, Queen Elizabeth will welcome US President, Joe Biden to Windsor Castle on June 13 for their first one-on-one meeting, Buckingham Palace have announced.
Elizabeth’s meeting with Biden and first lady Jill Biden will come during the President’s visit to the United Kingdom for the upcoming G7 summit, his first trip abroad since taking office.
It will be the Queen’s first major meeting with a world leader since the death of her husband, Prince Philip, in April, and comes after a year in which most of her in-person engagements were scrapped because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Over the course of her reign, the 95-year-old monarch has met with every US President except Lyndon Johnson.
The pair have been in touch in recent months. The Queen sent a private congratulatory message ahead of his inauguration in January and earlier this year, the Bidens sent condolences to the Queen, the royal family and the United Kingdom after Philip’s death.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections