Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, Pope Francis has reportedly sustained minor injuries on Sunday when he lost his balance and bumped his head against a vehicle barrier while riding in the pope- mobile during his visit to Cartagena, Colombia.
The pope mobile, is a customized vehicle designed with bulletproof glass designed to protect the pope while he greets crowds. the 80-year-old Catholic Pontiff appeared to be leaning outside a glass panel in front of him when the vehicle stopped and his face made contact with the barrier.
He bruised his cheekbone and cut his left eyebrow with blood staining his white cassock following the incident.
A spokesman for the pope confirmed the injuries, which were captured on video, saying he has a wound on his cheekbone and eyebrow but he is “fine.” He is receiving “ice treatment,” the spokesman added.
Pope Francis has been visiting Colombia since Wednesday, making stops in the cities of Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena.
He left Colombia also on Sunday after appealing to the country to “untie the knots of violence” following a 50-year civil war.(NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector