A 12-year-old orphan, Kasarachi Odurukwe, has committed suicide in Agboala Ishiala Umudi autonomous community of Nkwerre council area, Imo State, following the death of his parents.
The deceased who killed himself by hanging himself on a rope tied to an Indian bamboo tree, was a primary six pupil of Practicing School, Umudi.
According to a villager who spoke on the condition of anonymity, the boy and his two younger siblings had lost their parents and had been living with their mother’s sister in the village. It was gathered that the deceased had been complaining about how boring the world had been to him since the death of his parents.
The source told further told The Guardian that the boy would “jokingly tell his mates that he wants to die and meet his mother and father in heaven”.
It was gathered that on a fateful day, Kasarachi had led his two siblings and two other children to a nearby stream to fetch water. On arrival at the stream, Kasarachi was said to have assisted the other children to fill their jerrycans while he used a long stick to check the depth of the stream.
The sources said: “Having not been satisfied with the shallow depth of the water, the deceased took a rope and tied it up to a bamboo tree. His first two attempts at killing himself failed while the other children were begging him to stop.
When the elders quickly thronged the scene, they called in the police who assisted in bringing down the body and deposited the same to the mortuary. It was further gathered that one of the things found on the deceased were four batteries, which some villagers said he might have intended to drink as poison.
When contacted, the state police command spokesman, Orlando Ikeokwu, said he was yet to be briefed on the incident but promised to get back to our reporter.
- BREAKING….Coronavirus cases increases to 139 in Nigeria
- SAD….Nigerian-born doctor dies of coronavirus infection in London
- PHOTO NEWS: PHOTO: EKITI DISCHARGES ONLY COVID-19 PATIENT
- FG appeals to Nigerians to comply with restrictions order
- Reps donate two months salaries to fight against Covid-19
- FAYEMI NAMES COMMITTEE MEMBERS FOR COVID-19 SUPPORT ACCOUNT
- BREAKING….. COVID-19: Kwara shuts borders, to fumigate markets
- COVID-19: Shi’ite members make fresh demands from FG on El-zakyzaky, wife (FULL STATEMENT)
- Dr. Alfa Sa’adu’s death: We’ve lost another irreplaceable asset— Emir of Ilorin
- 37yr-old France returnee becomes first COVID-19 victim in S/Leone
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen