17-year-old girl reportedly drowned in Asa river at Harmony Holdings Estate, Kulender area of Ilorin, the Kwara capital, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported.
The drowned girl was discovered by some personnel of the State Fire Service, and they removed her dead body from the river, Mr. Hakeem Adekunle, the Head of Media and Publicity of the Fire Service, said while speaking with NAN on the incident and described it as unfortunate.
He furthered narrated that the victim’s identity had yet to be known, and the girl corpse had been handed over to the divisional police station, ‘D’ division, Kulende, Ilorin.
The Public Relations Officer of the state Police Command, Mr. Ajayi Okasanmi, stated that he was not yet aware of the incident.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment