A 20-yr-old wife, Aisha Isa, who is the second wife of her husband, has allegedly killed the two daughters of her husband’s first wife in Yelwabassa village in Kokona LGA of Nasarawa State.
The two girls, Zainab (4yrs) and Ramatu (2yrs) were bound hands and feet, and allegedly thrown into a well by Aisha where they got drowned.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mohammed Kura, who confirmed the heartless act, said the suspect is now in the custody of the State Criminal Investigation Department. Read also: Driver gets 3 years jail for raping 8-yr-old girl
Kura said the 20-year-old wife stated in a confessional statement to detectives handling the case that she committed the alleged homicidal act because the mother of the two little girls forbade them from running errands for her.
He said trouble began 6-years-ago when she got married to Alhaji Isa and that it was not long before the new wife began to quarrel with the mother of the two girls.
He continued that in April 2017, Aisha killed the first victim, two-year-old Ramatu, whose hands and legs she tied and threw into the well, where the little child died. Read also: Arewa group condemns IPOB attacks, preaches love among Nigerians
With the enormity of her offence, a sense of remorse overwhelmed Aisha and she pleaded, “I want the family to forgive me for what I did; I have regretted my mistake and want my husband to forgive me.”
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children