A 20-yr-old wife, Aisha Isa, who is the second wife of her husband, has allegedly killed the two daughters of her husband’s first wife in Yelwabassa village in Kokona LGA of Nasarawa State.
The two girls, Zainab (4yrs) and Ramatu (2yrs) were bound hands and feet, and allegedly thrown into a well by Aisha where they got drowned.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mohammed Kura, who confirmed the heartless act, said the suspect is now in the custody of the State Criminal Investigation Department. Read also: Driver gets 3 years jail for raping 8-yr-old girl
Kura said the 20-year-old wife stated in a confessional statement to detectives handling the case that she committed the alleged homicidal act because the mother of the two little girls forbade them from running errands for her.
He said trouble began 6-years-ago when she got married to Alhaji Isa and that it was not long before the new wife began to quarrel with the mother of the two girls.
He continued that in April 2017, Aisha killed the first victim, two-year-old Ramatu, whose hands and legs she tied and threw into the well, where the little child died. Read also: Arewa group condemns IPOB attacks, preaches love among Nigerians
With the enormity of her offence, a sense of remorse overwhelmed Aisha and she pleaded, “I want the family to forgive me for what I did; I have regretted my mistake and want my husband to forgive me.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week