An elder statesman and former minister of petroleum, Prof Tam David West, is dead.
David-West, a consultant virologist who was also an ex-commissioner for Education, was said to have died few hours ago at the age of 83.
A close source told the family told our correspondent that the ex-minister and Professor of Virology was not ill the last time she interacted with him,
The source, however, could not immediately disclose where the late Octogenarian passed on.
He was once the minister of Petroleum under Muhammadu Buhari military administration.
West was also at a point in his life the minister of Mines, Power and Steel under Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s regime.
- Nigeria to begin free visa entry for Africans by 2020
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others