An elder statesman and former minister of petroleum, Prof Tam David West, is dead.
David-West, a consultant virologist who was also an ex-commissioner for Education, was said to have died few hours ago at the age of 83.
A close source told the family told our correspondent that the ex-minister and Professor of Virology was not ill the last time she interacted with him,
The source, however, could not immediately disclose where the late Octogenarian passed on.
He was once the minister of Petroleum under Muhammadu Buhari military administration.
West was also at a point in his life the minister of Mines, Power and Steel under Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s regime.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7