Another student with the Umaru Musa Yaradu’a University, Katsina, Katsina State has died.
In a facebook post authored by one Comrade Saheed Balogun, ROYAL NEWS on Tuesday gathered that the deceased died of snake-bite.
Read full details below:
WHEN I WROTE SOME DAYS BACK THAT NANS AHS FAILED…
this is one of the reasons.
We must speak out as a people
Or perish together one by one.
A painful loss.
We just lost a sister and a friend Zainab Umar from the department of economics, Umaru Musa Yaradu’a University Katsina, Katsina State. She suffered from snake poisoning after being bitten by a snake a day before yesterday.
This gives us as students of the same institution a cause to worry because our welfare is not a priority to the school authorities. Zainab was bitten and rushed to the school clinic only to be administered paracetamol injection to suppress the pain,is that the medical action required to be given to a victim of snake bite?
After 3hrs, she was placed on drip of which the poison had already found its way to some parts of her body I’m sure.
Her friends requested they took her home but the Dean of student affairs had refused stating that if they moved her an inch from the clinic,whatever happens to her is not a business of his (yet he claims he’s in charge of all student’s affairs).
She was not being administered proper medication,the clinic claimed there was no anti snake bite drugs available in the whole of Katsina, how unrealistic!!!
They’re aware of the absence of this drugs yet the school authorities won’t do nothing about the lack of street lights knowing very well that students go out to read at night,they do nothing about the continuously growing grasses and trees that is gradually turning this school into a forest rearing all sort of animals both wild and domestic. Is this a school environment or a recreational facility???
The school authorities must do something about this before their selfishness claims more lives of the students. I urge all Umyuk student to share and repost this……something has to be done. We need to feel safe and secured within the school environment. We have paid not for just knowledge but security as well!!!!
May your gentle soul live in peace,you will forever live in our hearts Zee
THE SCHOOL AUTHORITY MUST PAY FOR SUCH CARELESSNESS.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections