The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has approved a sum of N1,462,390.95 as 2018 Hajj fare for intending Pilgrims to Saudi Arabia from Kwara State, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Alhaji Mohammed Tunde-Jimoh, the Executive Secretary of the Kwara State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board disclosed this in a statement he signed in llorin on Thursday.
The Executive Secretary said the fare for each states was jointly determined by both the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria and Officials of the 36 State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Boards
According to Tunde-Jimoh the approved 2018 Hajj fare for Kwara Pilgrims include Airfare, accommodation, Transportation and other logistics for Pilgrims both in Mecca and Medina
The statement said all the intending Pilgrims travelling with the Board will receive flat rate of 800 US dollars each as Basic Travelling Allowance BTA.
The statement noted that the 2018 Kwara Hajj fare was reduced by a sum of N40,000 when compare with that of 2017 Hajj fare.
The Executive Secretary in the statement directed intending Pilgrims who had performed Hajj in the last three years to pay mandatory additional charges of 2,000 Saudi Riyals.
The statement said this was in line with Saudi Arabia authority’s directives.
The Executive Secretary warned that the Board would not process the travelling document of any intending pilgrims who refuses to pay required charges.
The Board in the statement directed intending Pilgrims from the State who had made a deposit of N1.3million to the Board to complete their payment immediately
The Executive Secretary urged the intending Pilgrims to pay the balance at the skye Bank Plc and collect the receipt at the Board after payment.
Tunde-Jimoh reminded the intending pilgrims that the Board has little time for the completion of processes and remittance Hajj fare to NAHCON.
The statement said prospective Muslims who are willing to perform 2018 pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia with the Board can still do so on or before the deadline of 31st June 2018.
The board advised the intending Pilgrims to hasten payment as the E-tracking for the issuance of visa had reached advance stage.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory