The passage of the bill followed the presentation and consideration of a report by the Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFUND during Tuesday’s plenary.
Senator Nora Ladi Daduut, while presenting the report on behalf of the chairman of the committee, Senator Ahmad Babba Kaita, said the legislation to establish the Nigerian French Language Village would serve as vehicle to facilitate the exchange of academic programmes.
The lawmaker explained that the presence of the French Language Village would foster transnational bilingualism to ensure national and regional integration and as well support international co-operation in promotion of French language.
“The knowledge and skills that would be acquired by the graduates from the establishment of the French Language Village, Badagry, Seme axis of Lagos state, will go a long way in expanding and deepening their horizon not only in acquisition of French Language skills, but also general language development”, Senator Daduut said.
In a related development, the Senate also passed the Chartered Institute of Directors Bill, 2021.
The passage of the bill followed the consideration of a report by the Committee on Establishment and Public Service during plenary.
Chairman of the committee, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau (APC Kano Central), in his presentation, said the bill seeks to, among others, promote the practice of Directorship in public and private sectors as well as promote high ethical standards in the practice of the profession.
Meanwhile, the Senate has passed five bills for concurrence from the House of Representatives.
The bills include: Federal College of Agriculture Kirikasamma, Jigawa State (Establishment) Bill, 2021; Orthopedic Hospitals Management Board Act (Amendment) Bill, 2021; and Chartered Institute of Public Administration of Nigeria (Establishment) Bill, 2021.
Others are the Nigerian Film Commission Bill, 2021; and Federal College of Education (Special) Birnin-kudu (Establishment) Bill, 2021.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal