By Ihegazie Chidinma, Abuja
Senate has passed a bill for concurrence seeking to establish the National Assembly Library Trust Fund and three others.
Others passed for concurrence are the Nigerian Council for Management Development Bill, 2022; Animal Health and Husbandry Technologists Registration Board (Establishment) Bill, 2022; and Federal Medical Centre Billiri, Gombe State (Establishment) Bill, 2022.
All the bills were sponsored by the Senate Leader, Dr. Yahaya Abdullahi (APC Kebbi North).
In his presentation, Abdullahi said the National Assembly Library Trust Fund when established, would facilitate research and the provision of library capacity to Legislatures and staff of the National Assembly.
In a related development, a total of three bills scaled second reading on Tuesday.
The bills seek to establish the Chartered Institute of Mortgage Bankers and Brokers of Nigeria; the Federal University of Medical Sciences, Gwadabawa, Sokoto State; and the Sickle Cell Disease Research and Treatment Centre.
The bills were sponsored by Senators Tolulope Odebiyi (APC Ogun West), Ibrahim Gobir (APC Sokoto East) and Akon Etim Eyakenyi (PDP Akwa-Ibom South), respectively.
The bills after consideration were referred to the Committees on Banking, Insurance and other Financial Institutions; Tertiary Institutions and TETFUND; and Health (Secondary and Tertiary).
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi