The Osun Police Command has arrested one Teslim Raji, also known as Akerele, and his suspected accomplice, Femi Bamidele, for alleged serial killings, kidnappings and gun running within the Ikire axis of the state.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mrs. Abiodun Ige, while parading the suspects in Osogbo, said the main suspect, Raji, was arrested after a series of complaints by residents.
She said Raji, who is being investigated, was arrested last year, charged to court and granted bail but later jumped bail.
She said after jumping bail, the suspect still went ahead to kill someone and that since then, the Police had been on his trail.
“His co-conspirator was arrested earlier when our officer went to his house and one of his boys tried to escape,” she said.
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes