Ghanaian President, Nana Dankwa Akufo-Addo has sent condolence message to his Nigerian
counterpart, Muhammadu Buhari over the death of former President Shehu Aliyu Shagari, saying the deceased contributed immensely to the growth and development of Africa during his tenure.
This is even as the Vice President of Ghana, Muhamudu Bamiwua weekend personally visited Nigerian High Commission in Ghana to also commiserate with the government and people of Nigeria over the death of the former president.
Shagari died after a brief illness at the National Hospital, Abuja on December 28, 2018 at the age of 93.
President Akufo-Addo in his condolence message described Shagari’s death as not only a loss to Nigeria, but Africa as a whole.
See pictures below:
He said that the late President would be remembered for his humility and modesty.
Akufo-Addo prayed that the late president’s commitment to public life would continue to inspire current and future generations of Africans.
In the same vein, Vice President Bamiwua, who visited Nigerian High Commission at the weekend and personally signed the condolence register, expressed condolences of the government and people of Ghana to the government and people of Nigeria.
The Vice President, who was received by Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Ambassador Olufemi Michael Abikoye said the late President served Nigerian well, adding “he was a proud son of not only Nigeria but Africa in general”.
Ambassador Abikoye in his response thanked the government of Ghana for its concern especially with the visit of the vice President to the Chancery.
While thanking President Akufo-Addo and his Vice, Ambassador Abikoye said President Buhari and the entire people of Nigeria were appreciative of the government and people of Ghana.
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others
- Senate escapes cracks, drops Confidence Vote on Lawan