Arrangements have been concluded for a football tournament among communities in Kwara State tagged: “Emir’s Cup” ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
This was contained in a statement signed on Thursday by the Organizing Secretary of the Ilorin Emirate Football Association, (IEFA), Alhaji Muhammed Salahudeen.
He disclosed that the tournament would begin in October 2017 while the final will hold on a date to be announced later.
According to the statement, “The Competition that would involve the 16 Local Government Area of the state as participants is to commemorate the 22rd anniversary of His Royal Highness, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari (CFR) on the throne as the 11th Emir of Ilorin.
“The competition is played annually by the football clubs within the Emirate to further promote the good gesture of our royal father in the development of sports especially football among local government areas in the Ilorin Emirate.”
The group furthers that, “The annual tournament for the grassroot football clubs is to expose our hidden talented players to the state and national football competition and to get used to football rules and regulations governing the playing of the cup.
“Only one club from each local government would be allowed to register in the tournament that is strictly meant for amateur clubs.”
The organizers however urged interested clubs to contact the association for necessary information concerning the tournament.
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity