Below is list of youngest mothers to have given birth in history:
1. Lina Marcela Medina born on 23 September 1933 is a Peruvian girl who became the youngest confirmed mother in medical history, she gave birth at the age of of 5. She lives in Lima, the capital of Peru.
She was brought to a hospital by her parents at the age of five due to increasing abdominal size. She was originally thought to have a tumor, but doctors confirmed that she was in her seventh month of pregnancy. Medina gave birth to a baby boy through cesarean section,she is the youngest person known in history to give birth.
2. Yelizaveta Liza Pantueva was 5- years- old when she was raped and impregnated by her 70-year-old maternal grandfather. She gave birth with the aid of forcepsand re-tractors days after her 6th years birthday. Pantueva’s parents did not want the obstetricians to perform a cesarean section, as it was considered dangerous at the time.
3. Hilda Trujillo gave birth to a girl named Maríadel Rosario, who was over 6 lb (2.7 kg), at a hospital in Lima. she was 8 years old when she gave birth. she was raped by her 22-year-old cousin who had been staying in her family’s one-room residence.
4. Paulina 10,from Puerto Leoni, gave birth by cesarean section to a boy weighing 3.1 kg (6.8 lb) at a hospital in Posadas. She refused to name the baby’s father, but her friends claimed it her secret 15-year-old boyfriend.
5. Zeina 9, was from neighborhood in Dakar, Senegal, and brought up by her grandmother. she was raped and impregnated by her 60- years- old neighbor. Zeina gave birth by cesarean section at the Grand Yoff Hospital to a daughter she rejected.
6. Lorenzo became pregnant at age 9, she was sexually abused her father when she was The young girl gave birth to a daughter by cesarean section.
7. Griseldina Acuña from San Zenon, Magdalena Department, gave birth to a boy weighing 5 lb (2.3 kg). She was reported to have begun menstruating at age 3
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030
- Kwara govt collaborates with NDLEA to fight drug abuse