The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, has called for the immediate reversal and cancellation of the newly launched security network for the northern region.
ROYAL NEWS reports that some coalition group had earlier floated Operation Shege Ka Fasa, as the security network for the people of the north to combat the incessant attack posing threat on them.
The Sultan who spoke at a Northern Security Meeting in Kaduna on Thursday, urged the regional leaders to caution the youths.
He said, “I saw it on the television, and the media gave them attention. Now, the elders allowed these youths to go forward. So, the elites are our problems, the elders are our problems. If the elders don’t take the lead, the youth will do whatever they like and think they are right. You have to caution these youths by giving them good leadership.
“Now, they have launched their own security outfit I don’t know what they call it, Shege Ka Fasa’, meaning what?
“So, I want to call on northern elders to caution them. Don’t allow these youths to take over leadership from you. You have to reach out to everybody no matter how low the person is. So, I think we need to take the bull by the horns and not allow the youths take over responsibility. I think we need to do that and much more.”
He asked the governors of the northern states to tackle the security challenges in the region.
Abubakar also expressed concern over the 50,000 orphans in the region as a result of the Boko Haram insurgency.
Sultan, who is the Nigerian Muslims spiritual leader, said if nothing was done about the orphans, they would turn out to be worse than Boko Haram.
“Several recommendations have been made but are not implemented and as they remain unimplemented, we will continue to suffer the consequences.”
- Oil not enough to feed Nigeria anymore – Obasanjo
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed