A middle aged tailor, Najib Sanusi, was on Friday remanded in prison custody by a Magistrate court sitting in Minna for allegedly stealing a laptop.
The suspect was docked on two counts of criminal house trespass and theft, contrary to sections 348 and 288 of the penal code law.
The Police Prosecutor, ASP Daniel Ikwoche, told the court that one Yunusa Loguma of Tunga Minna reported the matter at Tudun Wada station on December 15, 2018.
Ikwoche said the accused person had trespassed into the complainant’s room and made away with his laptop, valued at N45,000 and a power bank, valued at N2,000.
He noted that the items were recovered from the accused person in the process of disposing them but the laptop was no longer functional.
When the charges were read to him, he pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor thereafter prayed the court for an adjournment to enable police complete investigation into the matter.
In his ruling, Magistrate Nasiru Muazu, ordered the accused person to be remanded in prison custody.
Muazu thereafter adjourned the matter until February 28 for further mention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ