A middle aged tailor, Najib Sanusi, was on Friday remanded in prison custody by a Magistrate court sitting in Minna for allegedly stealing a laptop.
The suspect was docked on two counts of criminal house trespass and theft, contrary to sections 348 and 288 of the penal code law.
The Police Prosecutor, ASP Daniel Ikwoche, told the court that one Yunusa Loguma of Tunga Minna reported the matter at Tudun Wada station on December 15, 2018.
Ikwoche said the accused person had trespassed into the complainant’s room and made away with his laptop, valued at N45,000 and a power bank, valued at N2,000.
He noted that the items were recovered from the accused person in the process of disposing them but the laptop was no longer functional.
When the charges were read to him, he pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor thereafter prayed the court for an adjournment to enable police complete investigation into the matter.
In his ruling, Magistrate Nasiru Muazu, ordered the accused person to be remanded in prison custody.
Muazu thereafter adjourned the matter until February 28 for further mention.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt