Tambuwal forwards 25 commissioner nominees to Sokoto Assembly
Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State on Thursday forwarded 25 names to the state Assembly for confirmation as commissioners.
The appointments came three months after the governor dissolved the executive council.
Tambuwal, in a letter dated October 18 and read at plenary said, “I am pleased to forward to the House nomination for appointment as commissioners and members of state executive council.
“The nomination is in line with Section 192 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended.
“The nominees are selected after wide consultations within the specter of our society and in conformity with Section 14 (4) of the Constitution.”
Tambuwal further stated that the nominees are persons of proven integrity, with good track records in their various vocations.
“I am confident that they will bring to bear their wide experience in propelling the formulation and execution of government policies and programmes for the overall development of our state.”
The Deputy Speaker, Abubakar Magaji, who presided over the sitting, announced that the nominees will be screened on October 23 and 24.
The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that Tambuwal dissolved the state executive council on July 4, 2018.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle