Tokyo Olympics: Mexico beat hosts nation Japan to clinch bronze medal in Olympic men’s football
Mexico have defeated hosts nation Japan to 3 – 1 to clinch bronze at the ongoing Olympics in Tokyo.
Sebastian Cordova scored a penalty and created two goals as Mexico defeated the hosts in Saitama on Friday August 6, to earn bronze in the men’s Olympic football tournament.
Japan later got a consolation goal through substitute Kaoru Mitoma but finished fourth for the second time in three Olympics, having also lost the third-place playoff at London 2012.
Reigning champions Brazil will play Spain, who won the title on home soil in 1992, in the final in Yokohama on Saturday.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%