In its effort to clear bandits, terrorists and other criminal elements from Kaduna forests, troops of 1 Division Nigerian Army acting on credible intelligence laid ambush on bandits arms and ammunition supplier at Chikun and Kajuru Local Government Areas of Kaduna State along road Kwant – Kabai – Kubusu on 14 November 2023.
During the operation and the fire fight that ensued when contact was made, one bandit was neutralized while others fled in disarray with gun shot wounds due to troops overwhelming fire power. One AK 47 rifle, one magazine, veterinary medicine and clothing where recovered.
The General Officer Commanding 1 Division NA and Force Commander operation WHIRL PUNCH, Major General Valentine Okoro has again commended the troops for their resilience and implored the locals to continue availing the NA and other security agencies with timely and credible intelligence.
Acting Deputy Director Army Public Relations 1 Division Nigerian Army
15 November 2023
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector