Uganda’s Entebbe International Airport is set to accommodate more traffic with more than 70 per cent of its expansion project nearing compleione, a top aviation official has said.
Fred Bamwesigye, acting director general of Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCCA) told Xinhua that the upgrade and expansion of the airport is carried out by China Communications Construction Company (CCCC).
The construction included refurbishment of the airport’s two runways, building of a new cargo center and an extension of the passenger terminal at the airport, located about 40 km south of the capital, Bamwesigye said.
According to the aviation official, the new cargo centre’s aircraft parking apron have been accomplished by 98 per cent, the cargo terminal building by 93 per cent, and the landside and airside access roads by 90 per cent.
Meanwhile, the expansion of aircraft parking apron 1 and the extension of the taxiway Alpha have been completed.
“The overall progress for the upgrade and expansion of Entebbe International Airport is at 75 per cent level of completion,” he said.
To further boost the aviation industry, another 9.5 million-U.S.-dollar project is ongoing to upgrade the country’s air navigation services and automate its international airport.
“All these initiatives will go a long way in improving safety, efficiency of airport systems and attainment of sustainability through strengthening of all resources available at UCAA,” the official said.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note