The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Professor Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, has commiserated with the people of Ajase-Ipo and the entire Igbominaland over the demise of the Olupo, Oba Sikiru Atanda Sanni Woleola Ilufemiloye ll.
The first class monarch died last Sunday, 21st February, after a brief illness.
In a condolence message signed by the University’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr. Kunle Akigun, the Vice-Chancellor described the death of Oba Woleola at this point in time when his fatherly counsel is most needed, as very sad and shocking.
Prof. Abdulkareem said that the late monarch, who was the Chairman of the Igbomina Traditional Council, was a passionate lover of his community and Igbominaland as well as a committed bridge builder across the length and breadth of Kwara State.
The Vice-Chancellor said that the 12-year reign of Oba Woleola witnessed tremendous community development and peaceful coexistence among indigenes of the town and Igbiminaland in general.
He, therefore, condoled with members of the Igbomina Traditional Council and the Kwara State Council of Traditional Rulers on the death of one of their prominent members.
While praying for peaceful repose of the soul of the late monarch, Prof. Abdulkareem beseeched Allah to forgive him and make Aljannah Firdaos his final abode.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection