The Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof Charles Okechukwu Esimone, gave the approval on Thursday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
According to a statement by Special Adviser to the vice chancellor (Public Relations and Special Duties), Dr. Emmanuel C. Ojukwu, on Thursday, the official presented two degree certificates – bearing Nwafor Osborne Ogbonnaya and Nwafor Ogbonnaya Nwesuzor respectively.
In his bid to secure employment at the university, the official whose real name is Nwafor Ogbonnaya Nwesuzor reportedly abandoned his undergraduate programme and forged the university’s statement of result and a letter of exclusion from the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC).
The statement added that the suspect later went ahead to complete his degree programme, noting that the alleged forgery was discovered when he wrote to the university requesting to change his degree result.
The new result he submitted bears Nwafor Ogbonnaya Nwesuzor and different class of degree which raised suspicion.
“Upon further investigation it was discovered that this staff forged his degree result and letter of exclusion from the NYSC based on the obvious disparity between the documents he submitted originally and the new documents he was trying to substitute.
“The class of degree in both results presented varies. The forged statement of result with the name Nwafor Osborne Ogbonnaya bears second class lower division while the original result with the name Nwafor Ogbonnaya Nwesuzor bears third class.
“In following due process, the vice chancellor in exercising his powers based on the university rules and regulations approved his (the official’s) immediate suspension from the employment of the university for six months while his case undergoes other processes in the university before final action,” itstated.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector