Reports by Watford Observer say the club has made a move for the Nigerian international who was an unused substitute in Udinese’s 1-0 loss away at Verona in their Serie A opener on Sunday September 27.
According to the reports, Ekong has said goodbye to his teammates and is set to complete a permanent move to the club this week
Watford manager, Vladimir Ivic, had previously described Troost-Ekong as a quality player who he hopes will help them come back to the premier league.
“I know him as a quality player and he will be one of the players who will help us in the future if he will join us,” Ivic said after the goalless draw at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Ekong, born to a Nigerian father and a Netherlands mum, made a total of 66 appearances for Udinese after joining from Turkish side, Bursaspor in 2018.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate