Reports by Watford Observer say the club has made a move for the Nigerian international who was an unused substitute in Udinese’s 1-0 loss away at Verona in their Serie A opener on Sunday September 27.
According to the reports, Ekong has said goodbye to his teammates and is set to complete a permanent move to the club this week
Watford manager, Vladimir Ivic, had previously described Troost-Ekong as a quality player who he hopes will help them come back to the premier league.
“I know him as a quality player and he will be one of the players who will help us in the future if he will join us,” Ivic said after the goalless draw at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Ekong, born to a Nigerian father and a Netherlands mum, made a total of 66 appearances for Udinese after joining from Turkish side, Bursaspor in 2018.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal