Aggrieved workers of the Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation, (Radio Kwara) have dissociated themselves from the apology allegedly tendered to the State Government on the three day working strike and protest they embarked upon.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Radio Kwara workers on Wednesday last week shutdown the stations to press for their demands on stable transmission on both A.M and F.M stations.
Meanwhile, at an emergency meeting held on Saturday at the Mandate Studio Hall, the workers denied the statement credited to the National Vice President of Radio and Television Theatre Arts Workers Union (RATTAWU) North Central, Comrade Kabala Mohammed, that he met with the union leaders and staff of the station on the recent protest.
The workers queried the executive members of RATTAWU for using Radio Kwara to seek support from the state government on the Radio and Television Theatre Arts Festival (RATTAFEST), saying that the protest embarked upon by the workers was not to confront the state government but to ensure sustainability and future of Radio Kwara.
The Executive members of the Radio and Television Theatre Arts Workers Union led by its National Vice President North Central, Comrade Kabala Mohammed had on Monday met with the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Communication to the Governor, Dr. Muyideen Akorede, apologizing to the Governor’s aide on behalf of the workers on the recent strike by the staff of the media house.
The Workers, however, clarified that the strike was suspended because of the quick intervention of the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari and Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed with a pledge that all the demands of the workers on the stable transmission both on A.M and F.M stations would be met soon.
They therefore called on the National Vice President of RATTAWU North Central who is currently attending the RATTAFEST to tender apology to the entire workers of state-owned media houses, especially Radio Kwara for misrepresenting them and noted that the agitation is neither for RATTAWU or NUJ but the entire workforce of the station.
The workers however appealed to the state government to return the management of state owned media houses to their respective managements under the supervision of the Ministry of Information and Communication.
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1