The embattled Deputy Governor of Kogi state, Simon Achuba. has finally been removed by the leadership of the State House of Assembly.
His impeachment followed the submission earlier in the day of the report of the committee set up by the state chief judge, Justice Nadir Ajana, to investigate an allegation of gross misconduct against the former deputy governor.
Leader of the House, Hassan Bello Abdulahi, representing Ajaokuta state constituency who announced the decision of the House, said Achuba stands impeached after careful consideration of the report of the John Bayeshea committee submitted earlier on Friday.
He said the report was received, studied and deliberated upon and a unanimous decision was arrived at to impeach Achuba and “he therefore stands impeached.”
The seven-man committee headed by John Bayeshea submitted the report to the Speaker, Kogi State House of Assembly, Mathew Kolawole on Friday, in a brief ceremony after which the House went into a closed door session where the report was considered and deliberated upon.
The committee was set up in August following allegations of gross misconduct leveled against the Deputy Governor when he accused Governor Yahaya Bello of withholding his salaries and imprests since 2017 — an allegation denied by the government during hearing by the committee.
The Director General, Media and Publicity to the Kogi State Governor, Kingsley Fanwo, also accused the embattled Deputy Governor of attempting to set the state on fire.
Fanwo alleged that the Achuba was orchestrating violence and incitement against the governor and the government of Kogi State.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal