Yoruba nation: Lagos rally will be mega– Sunday Igboho
Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has reiterated his commitment and readiness to lead a protest in Lagos on 3rd of July.
Recall that the All Progressives Congress, APC, UK Chapter, earlier urged Igboho, to shun the planned Lagos rally slated to take place on July 3.
In a statement on Tuesday, the Chairman of APC UK, Dr Phillip Idaewor, urged the Yoruba activist to pipe low and shun any planned protest.
Idaewor stated that there were other ways for the group to channel their agitations.
He also stated that the rally should be suspended to avoid being hijacked by hoodlums to unleash terror on Lagos residents.
However, Igboho, in a statement by his media aide, Onaolapo Omiyale Ademola, revealed that nothing would change the stipulated date for the rally.
He added that the march will be a “mega” rally regardless of what the security threats will be.
Meanwhile, the Lagos State Police Command has said that it is not aware of the planned rally.
The state police spokesperson, Muyiwa Adejobi, during an interview with newsmen, said the command will react to that once it is notified of the rally.
“I am not aware of Sunday Igboho’s planned Lagos rally.
“When the command is aware, the command will react to that. For now, we are not aware of that,” he said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides