A total of 2, 000 prospective Corps members are expected to take part in the 2019 Batch ‘B’ orientation course at the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp, Yikpata, Edu Local Government of Kwara.
NYSC State Coordinator in Kwara, Mrs Tosin Ikupolati made this known on Sunday in a statement signed by the PRO, Dipo Morakinyo in Ilorin.
Ikupolati also said about 300 camp officials, comprising NYSC officers, the military, the Police, the NSCDC, the Man ‘O’ war, the Red Cross are expected at the camp for the exercise.
She said NYSC was ready and prepared for the 21-day Batch B orientation course scheduled to hold between Tuesday, June 18 and Monday, July 8, 2019.
Ikupolati said logistics and all other necessary materials needed to execute a hitch-free orientation exercise in the state have been adequately put in place.
According to her, the orientation camp is wearing a new look because most of the facilities has been given a face lift in preparation for the exercise.
In her words, “the camp has been properly cleared and fumigated against reptiles and mosquitoes.”
The State Coordinator said the orientation programme was designed to prepare the newly mobilized youth, physically and psychologically for the service year.
“It i’s a place where discipline are instilled into the Corps members and introduce to them the lofty ideas of the scheme as envisioned by its founding fathers, 46 years ago.” The coordinator said.
Ikupolati said the camp would be formally opened on Thursday, June 20, 2019 by the State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, while the Chief Judge of the state would administer the oath National Service on the Corps members during the ceremony.
The State coordinator therefore appealed to the general public, especially the commuters to extend warm hospitality to the prospective Corps members, most of whom, she said were visiting Kwara state for the first time.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74