A total number of 2, 045 Corps members are expected to pass out from the National Youth Service Corps scheme after completing their mandatory one year national service in Kwara State.
A release from NYSC Public Relations Officer (PRO), Oladipo Morakinyo on Tuesday in Ilorin said the ceremony will be devoid of any celebration.
“The management of the scheme scheduled a low-key Passing out ceremony for the 2016 Batch B, Stream 1, for Thursday 2nd November, 2017,” Morakinyo added.
He added that adequate arrangements have been made to issue Certificate of National Service to the deserving Corps members at some designated locations across the state.
Morakinyo said that three corps members that distinguished themselves during the service year were nominated for the NYSC State Honours Award, while another eight will receive Commendation certificates.
The PRO also said that 25 corps members were to be disciplined for various offences committed during the service year.
“They were sanctioned for various offences committed during the national Service; some out rightly absconded from the service, while others contravened various sections of the NYSC bye laws,” the PRO said.
Morakinyo announced that three of the outgoing Corps members lost their lives while on active service to their fatherland.
The PRO said the State Coordinator, Mr Amaefule Remigius M. C, congratulated the outgoing Corps members on the successful completion of their service year.
Morakinyo added that the Coordinator urged them to be worthy ambassadors of the NYSC scheme wherever they found themselves.
According to the PRO, The Coordinator also admonished the outgoing corps members to continue to exhibit the sterling qualities of discipline, patriotism, loyalty, hard work and commitment, which they learned during their service year.
“National Youth Service Corps, Kwara State secretariat appreciates all our stakeholders, for their priceless support and assistance towards the successful completion of yet, another service year,” Morakinyo added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency