Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has promised to give 50 per cent appointments to women if elected Nigeria’s President in 2019.
Moghalu made the pledge at a town-hall meeting on Thursday in Lafia, Nasarawa State as part of his consultative tour of the 36 states.
He said that women were valuable asset for the development of the country but had been relegated to the background over the years.
He noted that the marginalization of women in the country could only be addressed when women collaborate with men to discuss as partners in progress rather than engage in “battle of sexes.”
The presidential aspirant also promised to embark on Police reform and restructure the security architecture of the country in order to address the incessant herdsmen/farmers crisis and other security challenges.
He explained that as part of the police reform, more personnel would be recruited in line with international practice so that the country would be properly policed.
Moghalu said his government would partner the private sector to build and equip ranches across the country to enable herdsmen maximize profits and curtail crisis with farmers.
He said as part of plans to curtail brain drain and medical tourism abroad, his administration would take census of Nigerian professionals in diaspora, particularly in the education and medical sectors.
“We will bring back these professionals to transform the country’s education sector to world class and stop medical tourism abroad,” he added.
He also said his administration would create an enabling environment for employment and empowerment of youth so as to curtail the spate of social vices in the country.
Moghalu, who is currently not identified with any of the registered political parties, said he would officially declare his aspiration for the highest political office in the country by the end of this month.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign