Nigeria’s top strikers, Victor Osimhen and Kelechi Iheanacho are set to lead the Super Eagles attack in Friday’s September 3, 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying clash against the Lone Star of Liberia.
According to reports emerging from the Super Eagles camp, Osimhen and Iheanacho have impressed coach Gernot Rohr in their training camp and will start against Liberia in Lagos.
Paul Onuachu and Terem Moffi, the two other strikers in the team will reportedly come off the bench if the need arises.
Nigeria will play the Blue Sharks of Cape Verde in a matchday two fixture next week Tuesday at the Estádio Municipal Adérito Sena, Mindelo.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud