2023: “I will contest for governship in Kwara”
Zakari Mohammed in an exclusive chat with moonlightnewsng.com said he has what it takes to move the state forward than the incubent governor, believing that with his wealth of experience in various fields in public service, he is qualified to lead the state to the Promised Land.
According to him “for me, come 2023, I’ll contest the governorship election in the state. Power comes from God, and He gives it to whoever He wills. With God by my side and the support of Kwarans, in 2023, God sparing my life, as long as I’m alive, hale and hearty, I will contest for the governor of the state”.
According to Zakari, Kwara deserves a better deal than what’s happening. “Having a “school cert” as our governor is a big slap on our faces. This is not the Kwara of our dream”, he declared.
The former lawmaker also noted that commissioning culverts, reroofing of classrooms, fencing of established schools, taring one kilometer of road are projects for local councils and ministries and should not be for a governor. “It is certainly not what Kwara bargained for”, he said.
The journalist turned politician said having been a former exco member, journalist, criminologist, football administrator, SA, Commissioner and many more, he has what it takes to be the next governor of the state with the support of the people.
“Selling my credentials to the people of Kwara, I believe they will look at it and say, let’s go for a young and vibrant leader for a better Kwara” Zakari affirmed.
Also speaking on why the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, lost kwara North, Zakari said it was an unprecedented protest votes from the zone.
“The zone felt betrayed having been promised the Governor’s slots since 2011 without fulfilment. They felt relegated and abandoned”, he alluded.
According to Zakari, the Abdulrazaq’s administration has not done anything to justify more than 85% votes he got from the kwara North.
Culled from moonlightnewsng.com
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls