The Coalition of Youth Lead Organisations in Adamawa has trained over 50 youths toward achieving 17 goals of Social Development Goals (SDGs) for sustainable future before 2030.
Speaking during the training in Yola on Thursday, Mr Jimi Lord, Executive Director, Yola Renewal Foundation, said the training would commemorate the 2020 International Youth Day.
According to him, the aim is to encourage youths to contribute their own part for the development of the country.
He said youths were the leaders of tomorrow, hence the need for them to be productive toward achieving the SDGs.
He advised the participants to take the advantage of the training and contribute their own part toward achieving the 17 goals.
“We decided to talk on the SDGs because whatever we are battling with such as poverty, hunger, health, among other goals is contained in the SDGs.
“As youths, we are 68 million out of the population of Nigeria and in terms of development, we are left behind,’’ he said.
He complained about lack of employment opportunities for the youth.
In his remark, Mr Dirug Samuel, a Resource person, said that the training was timely and would help contribute to the development of the state and the country at large.
He said “the programme is encouraging the targeted 50 youths but more than 50 were in attendance and we had recorded solutions on how to achieve these goals as individuals not organization.”
Dirug urged the state government to carry the youth along and give them the opportunity to contribute to the society for more development.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note