Iran has sentenced a 74-year-old man to death for hosting “mixed and half-naked parties,” the head of Tehran’s judiciary said on Tuesday.
Chief prosecutor, Abbas Jafari Dolatabadi, said the man led “a corruption gang” which held parties with drugs and alcohol, and where women were “sexually harassed.”
“The head of this corruption gang has been sentenced to execution and the case has been sent for appeal to the supreme court,” he said, according to the judiciary-linked Mizan news agency.
Dolatabadi mentioned another case in which six people had been arrested for downloading “obscene” Hollywood films and dubbing them into Persian.
“The gang’s website was the largest download centre for Hollywood films and series; and in the past three years, they have published 18,000 dubbed films and series, many of which were obscene and pornographic,” said Dolatabadi.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis