Achike Udenwa is Imo’s most worst governor ever— Okorocha
Former governor of Imo state, Achike Udenwa, has described as the state’s worst governor ever.
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, further disclosed that another former governor of the state, Ikedi Ohakim, could still be remembered for his Clean and Green Initiatives, nothing could be said of Udenwa’s administration.
Okorocha made the allegations in a statement made available to journalists in Owerri, the state capital, on Monday by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo.
Onwuemeodo said the statement was the governor’s reaction to media attacks that Udenwa allegedly launched against Okorocha, Ohakim and President Muhammadu Buhari in the last four weeks.
He claimed that the former governor was adjudged the worst in the history of the state.
He said, “If he feels that this claim is not true, let him be patriotic enough to publish his achievements for the eight years he was governor and let Rochas Okorocha publish his achievements for eight years.
“In fact, he is envious of Okorocha because while he left no footprint behind, Rochas Okorocha is leaving behind enviable footprints as Imo State governor for eight years.
“Let Udenwa state what he achieved in eight years as governor and let Rochas do the same so that Nigerians can see who between the two of them is a disaster.
“They feel intimidated by Rochas Okorocha’s achievements and people like him want to hide under the glaring blunder INEC committed during the 2019 governorship election in the state to talk down on a governor that has raised the bar of governance in the state.
“Chief Udenwa should always consider the implications of his vituperations against Governor Okorocha before coming up with them.
“That we chose not to respond to his first, second and third media attacks should not give him the impression that we would continue to fold our arms and watch him do that for the fourth time.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides