He said at Umuahia at a meeting/sensitisation of party chieftains from the 184 wards and 17 local government areas of the state that party leaders should aim at the target by mobilising people to register as APC members.
The APC chieftain said it would be difficult to claim that APC was strong in Abia if it could not register up to one million members.
“If you love APC, this is the time to demonstrate it; this is the time for people to work for the party and not for individuals.
“We are here to encourage members to revalidate their membership and also to encourage others, including their relations, friends and even members of other parties to come over to the APC,’’ he said.
He added that the APC had a good number of quality people, adding that those who missed the voter registration should take advantage of the current exercise to register.
Emenike expressed optimism that the APC would produce the next Abia governor in 2023.
“APC will win in 2023. God has ordained it and this will be done neatly, peacefully and overwhelmingly. The party’s victory starts now,’’ he stressed.
The former governorship candidate debunked speculations that he would contest the 2023 gubernatorial seat.
“I have not told anybody that I want to run for governorship in 2023. I am 64 years old now and will be 66 years old in 2023, but things must be done right.
“We are all working in God’s vineyard. If God says I should run for local government or be a messenger in Abuja, I will not say no. Let God’s will be done,’’ he said.
In his remarks, the leader of the APC Registration and Revalidation Committee for Abia, Amb. Bala Mairiga, said the exercise was designed to further strengthen the party ahead of 2023.
He said that APC remained the biggest and largest political party in Africa and that the exercise was to make its size more intimidating.
“This can only be achieved with your assistance. We are here to engage everybody.
“You should register everybody without discrimination, including interested members of opposition parties
“We want to flush out PDP in 2023 and bring in APC,’’ he stressed.
A factional Chairman of APC in Abia, Chief Enyinnaya Harbour, also said that “this is the time for APC to take over the state.
“This is the time for us to change the narrative and we are not joking.
“By the time you finish your assignment, you will know that APC has the numbers,’’ Harbour said.
He described the report from the exercise so far as encouraging and commended the committee for its good work. (NAN)
Contact: [email protected]
- Trucks carrying foodstuff from the north allegedly stopped from entering the south-west (video)
- Traffic officers to start wearing body cameras – LASTMA boss Olajide Oduyoye
- Ex-Federal High Court Chief Judge, Adamu Abdu-Kafarati dies at 67
- How kidnappers abducted woman at gunpoint in Bayelsa, forced her to ATM points, withdrew money from her accounts and demanded ransom from family
- Benue man cuts off his penis to be able to control his libido
- Meghan Markle joins Prince Harry and James Corden on video call during tell-all interview then calls Harry a sweet pet name (video)
- Lady refuses to testify against ex-boyfriend who killed her mother after falling in love with him for the second time
- 317 girls were abducted from Zamfara school – Police
- Stunning Nigerian twin sisters mark their 18th birthday with beautiful photos; people are in awe of their age!
- Suspected bandits abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- News1 year ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Metro11 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics1 year ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)