Arsenal have confirmed the exit of Head of Football, Raul Sanllehi, on Saturday.
In an official club statement, the Gunners said current managing director, Vinai Venkatesham, will take over.
“Raul has made a big contribution during his time with us and will always be part of the Arsenal family.
“We thank him for all his hard work and expertise and wish him every future success,” part of the statement read.
Raul, who joined us from Barcelona, said: “I’m proud and pleased with the contribution I’ve made at Arsenal over the past three years, and look forward to enjoying the club’s future success. Arsenal is a true footballing institution.
“Personally, I now look forward to taking some time off and spending time with family and friends before setting to work on a new challenge and cheering Arsenal on to great things.”
This comes as reports emerged that Arsenal have opened investigation into the £72million deal that saw Nicolas Pepe arrive at the club last year.
The Premier League club paid £20m up front and will spread the £52m balance over the next five years, the first instalment of which is due this summer. This has led a review of the scouting reports and negotiating process which led to such a big deal being sanctioned.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92