Association of Telecommunications Company of Nigeria (ATCON) has commended the pragmatic Executive Orders effort issued by Dr Kayode Fayemi, Executive Governor, Ekiti State and Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum and Senator Hope Odidika Uzodinma, Executive Governor, Imo State and their respective State House of Assemblies for the implementation of the approved right of way price from a very exorbitant price to an industry and investment friendly price of N145 per liner meter approved by the Federal Government.
ATCON in a statement signed by the Executive Secretary, Ajibola Olude, also appreciated the states for considering its letter which was sent to them in the beginning of the year recommending that telecom and ICT infrastructure must be seen and treated as a component of development in their respective states.
Olude explained that the move by the governors, their leadership have attested to the fact that the socio-economic development of their respective state is not mutually exclusive to broadband and ICT infrastructure development which has been one of the basis of ATCON advocacy initiatives.
He appreciated the governors and House of Assemblies of Ekiti and Imo State for making their respective States a strategic partner of initiative to ensure that all states in Nigeria have pervasive network coverage and seamless access.
He list the benefits accruable to states that adopted and implemented the harmonized Right-of-Way price to include: Unlocking of the inherent digital potential of the states; provision of fast paced of development enabled by robust Telecom and ICT Infrastructure, amongst many others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal