Association of Telecommunications Company of Nigeria (ATCON) has commended the pragmatic Executive Orders effort issued by Dr Kayode Fayemi, Executive Governor, Ekiti State and Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum and Senator Hope Odidika Uzodinma, Executive Governor, Imo State and their respective State House of Assemblies for the implementation of the approved right of way price from a very exorbitant price to an industry and investment friendly price of N145 per liner meter approved by the Federal Government.
ATCON in a statement signed by the Executive Secretary, Ajibola Olude, also appreciated the states for considering its letter which was sent to them in the beginning of the year recommending that telecom and ICT infrastructure must be seen and treated as a component of development in their respective states.
Olude explained that the move by the governors, their leadership have attested to the fact that the socio-economic development of their respective state is not mutually exclusive to broadband and ICT infrastructure development which has been one of the basis of ATCON advocacy initiatives.
He appreciated the governors and House of Assemblies of Ekiti and Imo State for making their respective States a strategic partner of initiative to ensure that all states in Nigeria have pervasive network coverage and seamless access.
He list the benefits accruable to states that adopted and implemented the harmonized Right-of-Way price to include: Unlocking of the inherent digital potential of the states; provision of fast paced of development enabled by robust Telecom and ICT Infrastructure, amongst many others.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note