Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
Ahead of the February 25th 2023 presidential election, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar,has revealed te likelihood of forming allinace with either of the candidates of New Nigerian People Party, Rabiu Kwankwaso and Labour Party’s Peter Obi.
He disclosed that he had met with the duo to support his ambition in the forthcoming election, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Atiku made this known in a 15-minute interview with BBC Hausa service on Tuesday.
Speaking with the interviewer in the Hausa language, Atiku said both Obi and Kwankwaso are not a threat to his chances of winning at the February 25 poll.
“Although, I see no threat in any of them but we are in talks, and the discussion might yield a positive result that will see one of them coming.”
While fielding questions on the lingering PDP crisis, Atiku said each party has its internal crisis and theirs will not be an exemption but they are looking to solve every difference in no distant time.
“Each party has its internal crisis, we are still talking with them. Most are neither in PDP nor in other parties and definitely that will not make us lose the election because we are okay with the election preparations for now.
“Election now is not like in the past when a governor will dictate who to vote for, election today is in the hands of the voters,” he added.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti